Journaling is a great way to practice self-reflection and self-discovery regularly. This can be made even easier by using journal prompts! Journal prompts help you ask yourself questions you usually wouldn’t think about, which is a great way to get to know yourself better. By doing this, you will naturally begin to notice the positive aspects of how you think and behave, and maybe some things you want to change. Journaling in this way is probably the easiest method of self-development out there!
If you don’t currently have a journal, are interested in starting one, or did just start one, you need to make sure you know your journaling purpose and style! If you aren’t journaling in a way that’s right for you, you will be more likely to give up journaling all together! Learn how to start a journal the right way here!
Regardless of what type of journal you keep, there are usually periods of time when you don’t have any inspiration for what to write in it. This is where journal prompts come! Journal prompts are perfect for when you want to journal, but don’t have any ideas.
Honestly, even if you’re not lacking inspiration, taking time to do just one journal prompt every day will be so beneficial to you! It will really help you to take a moment and think a little deeper than usual. You will likely discover new things about yourself!
These journal prompts are very positive and thought-provoking, so answer these prompts for a boost of confidence, to learn more about yourself, to practice positive thinking, and to discover a new sense of empowerment and motivation!
30 Positive Journal Prompts
- What do you think about when you let your mind wander?
- What is your biggest motivation for getting up in the morning?
- If you could go back in time and relive one experience or moment, what would it be?
- Describe three things you love about yourself.
- What are you most proud of, big or small?
- If you could do one thing without worrying about the cost or practicality, what would it be?
- Write a letter to your younger self.
- What do you wish someone would tell you right now?
- Describe one place you have always wanted to travel to.
- What do you think about in bed before you fall asleep?
- How would you want to be described to a stranger?
- What are three things you can do today for someone you love?
- What would you spend your time doing if money wasn’t a concern?
- Describe one of your favorite childhood memories.
- What do you love to be complimented on?
- What do you wish you were complimented on more?
- Who is your biggest role model and why?
- Describe your biggest supporter and why they believe in you.
- What is one small thing you could do today to take a step towards your goals?
- What is one thing you need to work on in yourself?
- Who is someone you need to forgive?
- What are five positive affirmations you would benefit from saying?
- How are you practicing self-care daily?
- What is something you are looking forward to right now?
- List five of life’s simple pleasures that you are grateful for.
- What do you wish you could tell someone, but you’re too afraid?
- What do you wish other people understood about you?
- How are you expressing your creativity and adding fun into your everyday life?
- What is something you wish you spent less time doing?
- What do you wish you did more of?
I hope these positive journal prompts inspire you and motivate you to do some reflecting and deeper thinking that usual during your journaling time!
Which prompt on the list is your favorite?